Nagios monitoring solution to monitor an information system, full compatible with Memo Guard
Nagios monitoring software is a modular program which breaks down into three parts:
1. The engine of the application schedule that comes supervisory responsibilities.
2. The web interface, which allows for an overview of the information system and possible anomalies.
3. Plugins, hundreds of mini programs that can be completed according to our needs to monitor each service or resource available on all computers or networks elements of our SI.
Nagios software :
Supervise network services with Nagios (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, ICMP, SNMP , LDAP, etc.)
Supervise server resources (CPU load, disk occupancy, use of expanded memory) and this on the most common operating systems.
Remote monitoring can use SSH or SSL tunnel.
The plugins are written in the most suitable programming languages to their task (Bash, C ++, Python, Perl, PHP, C #, etc. )
Verification of services is done in parallel.
Ability to define a hierarchy in the network to make the difference between a server failure and unreachable server.
The early-warning system is fully customizable through the use of plugins (alert email, SMS, etc …)
Each test reference a particular state:
1. OK (hopefully)
2. WARNING (the alert threshold is exceeded)
3. CRITICAL (the authority has a problem)
4. UNKNOWN (impossible to know the status of the service)
The user can then, via the Centreon supervisor trigger alarms that will be managed by Memoguard accordance with its usual process, and acknowledge the alarm Memoguard will automatically acknowledge the alarm origin Centreon.